The International School of Lausanne (ISL) is a leading not-for-profit, English language, International Baccalaureate (IB) World School set in the French speaking part of Switzerland. Our school is committed to excellence in education. We strive to recognise the unique potential of each student and to equip them to play an active and responsible role in a complex, multicultural world. The school employs approximately 250 members of staff on its campus where we welcome approximately 950 students from over 60 nationalities, from 3 to 18 years of age.
For our home language programme, we are seeking to employ a dynamic and qualified
to give home language lessons to small group of two to six native speakers. Contact time will be 1 hour per week depending on student enrolment. Sessions start at 15:45 onwards.
Qualifications and Qualities desired
- A recognized teaching qualification
- Experienced in teaching children
- Ability to plan, deliver and evaluate lessons which stimulate and motivate students
- Strong interpersonal skills and intercultural awareness
- Adaptability, flexibility, dynamism and a sense of humour
- Commitment to self-reflection and professional development
- Ability to communicate well in English
This position is open to all genders. Due to work permit limitations, preference will be given to candidates having a Swiss / EU citizenship or holding a Swiss work permit.
To apply, please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- a cover letter
- a full CV/ résumé
- copy of professional qualification(s)
- copy of Swiss work permit or Swiss ID
- copy of reference letters (if any)
Closing date: 14 February 2020