The International School of Lausanne (ISL) is a leading not-for-profit, English language, International Baccalaureate (IB) World School set in the French speaking part of Switzerland. Our school is committed to excellence in education. We strive to recognise the unique potential of each student, and to equip them to play an active and responsible role in a complex, multicultural world. The school employs approximately 250 members of staff on its campus where we welcome approximately 950 students from over 60 nationalities, from 3 to 18 years of age.
For our Secondary School, we are seeking to employ an enthusiastic and professional
Full-time permanent position from 1 August 2020
The appointee will be one of two staff members responsible for the academic counselling programme of the Secondary School. This includes a wide range of tasks relating to the support of students, parents, and teachers in academic course selection, coordination of the university application process, and guidance of possible pathways for students after graduation.
Qualifications and Qualities desired
- An extensive knowledge and experience of university entrance procedures, with detailed knowledge of North America, in addition to the UK, Europe, and worldwide
- Three years guidance experience in an international school setting
- A familiarity with different educational systems
- Ideally recognised teaching qualification at graduate or postgraduate level
- A knowledge of the International Baccalaureate programmes (MYP and DP)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including public speaking and presentations.
- An ability to meet high expectations of students, colleagues and a professional parent community
- An educational philosophy which values mutual respect and care and concern for others
- Organised, adaptable, flexible, and dynamic with a sense of humour
- A commitment to self-reflection and professional development
This position is open to all genders. Due to work permit limitations, preference will be given to candidates having a Swiss / EU citizenship or holding a Swiss work permit.
To apply please submit the following documents to APLi:
- CV/ résumé
- cover letter
- statement of educational philosophy
- copies of diplomas
- details of three professional referees
Closing date: 20 January 2020
Download this page in PDF
Apply for this position