The International School of Lausanne (ISL) is a leading non-profit, International Baccalaureate (IB) World School set in the French speaking part of Switzerland. Our school is committed to excellence in education. We strive to recognise the unique potential of each student, and to equip them to play an active and responsible role in a complex, multicultural world. The school employs approximately 250 members of staff on its campus where we welcome approximately 950 students from over 60 nationalities, from 3 to 18 years of age.
For our After-School Activities Programme, we are seeking to employ a dynamic and qualified
From 12 September 2022
The position would be centered around art activities for Primary School students (5 to 11 year olds). We are looking for a person with innovative ideas on the activities that could run under the umbrella of visual art. Examples could be digital art, water colouring, model making, nature art, formal art techniques and many more. The person has the possibly to offer multiple activities to different groups throughout the week based on need.
Qualifications and Qualities Required
- A recognized qualification and experience in Art is preferable
- Experienced in teaching students aged 5-11 years
- Ability to plan, deliver and evaluate sessions which stimulate and motivate students
- Strong interpersonal skills and intercultural awareness
- Excellent verbal communication skills in English with very good listening skills; any other language is an asset
- Adaptability, flexibility, dynamism and a sense of humour
ISL is committed to being an inclusive employer that values diversity. This is reflected in our recruitment practices and the ISL Code of Behaviour. Due to the nature of this specific position, preference will be given to candidates having a Swiss citizenship or holding a Swiss work permit.
To apply, please submit the following documents on JobUp by clicking here:
- Your updated CV/ résumé
- A cover letter
- Copy of professional qualifications
- Copy of Swiss work permit or Swiss ID
- Copy of reference letters (if any)
We care for children
The International School of Lausanne is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all of its staff to share this commitment. A background check, including criminal records check and/ or police clearance, will be conducted on all successful applicants.