The International School of Lausanne (ISL) is a leading not-for-profit International Baccalaureate (IB) World School. Our school is committed to excellence in education. We strive to recognise the unique potential of each student, and to equip them to play an active and responsible role in a complex, multicultural world. The school employs approximately 250 staff members on its campus where we welcome approximately 900 students from over 60 nationalities, from 3 to 18 years of age.
For our Extended Care programme, we are seeking to appoint an experienced, passionate, and self-motivated
Extended Care Assistant
Temporary position starting as soon as possible until 30 June 2023
ISL offers an Extended Care programme to support Primary School aged children at the conclusion of the regular school day. Those students who require supervision until collected by their parents join the Extended Care programme and take part in a range of activities throughout the week. We are seeking an experienced and qualified individual to support the programme on a substitute basis with the potential for increased hours and responsibility in the future.
The Extended Care Programme takes place from Monday to Friday, from 15:30 to 18:00. However, the working days and hours may vary depending on the school’s needs.
- To support the children and provide for their well-being in a safe and caring environment
- To ensure that children are given healthy snacks with a focus on hygiene
- To make sure that children are collected safely by the responsible adult at the end of the session
- To be aware of child protection issues and observe the school’s procedures
- To ensure that activities undertaken are delivered with due regard for the health and safety of the children and in accordance with good childcare practice
- To maintain open communication with parents
- To take regular attendance to ensure all students are accounted for
- To liaise with the Extended Care Coordinator and other school administration
- A teaching or teaching assistant qualification or equivalent
- Experience in working with children
- Experience in an international environment, intercultural awareness and sensitivity
- Excellent interpersonal skills, people oriented
- Ability to work independently
- Good teamwork spirit
- Effective planning and organisational skills
- Fluency in English, knowledge of French an asset
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, in English
- Swiss nationality or valid work permit
Are you interested?
To apply please submit the following documents on JobUp:
- cover letter
- résumé/ CV
- copies of diplomas
- copies of work certificates/ reference letters (if any)
- copy of work permit (if applicable)
Due to work permit limitations, preference will be given to candidates having a Swiss / EU citizenship or holding a Swiss work permit.
Why join ISL?
Our school is a unique place. We are an organisation of a size where your work will have a direct impact on our community. We provide a multicultural environment where diversity is valued and in which every opinion counts. We are highly reflective on our practices and impact and dedicated to the well-being of our staff and students.
Our staff members form a committed, hard-working, and passionate community. In return, we offer a rewarding, collaborative, and trusting work environment, an approachable leadership team, and a modern and spacious campus located at a stone’s throw from the centre of Lausanne.
We care for children
The International School of Lausanne is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of its staff to share this commitment. A background check, including criminal records check and/ or police clearance, will be conducted on all successful applicants.
We value diversity
At ISL, all members of our community contribute to creating an environment where diversity is valued. Each individual is committed to ensuring everyone has a strong sense of belonging and feels respected.