The International School of Lausanne (ISL) is a leading non-profit International Baccalaureate (IB) World School. Our school is committed to excellence in education. We strive to recognise the unique potential of each student, and to equip them to play an active and responsible role in a complex, multicultural world. Our school employs approximately 250 members of staff on our campus where we welcome 900 students from over 60 nationalities, from 3 to 18 years of age.
We are seeking a knowledgeable, well-organised, and reliable
Facility Manager (100%)
Our modern campus consists of four purpose-built buildings and extensive grounds. The facilities include a state-of-the-art early childhood centre, science labs, auditorium, comprehensive music facilities, a professional kitchen, and a cafeteria. The sports facilities incorporate three large sports halls, an outdoor playground, a football pitch, basketball, and tennis courts. The total building surface area is 23,694 m2. The maintenance team includes the Facility Manager and three Facility Technicians. The operational budget is approx. CHF 1,500,000. The Facility Manager is responsible for the security, maintenance and services of the school’s buildings and grounds. The main responsibilities are:
• Develop a facility management strategy ensuring optimal functioning of the school facilities and its assets
• Prepare an annual budget; forecast and schedule expenditure
• Ensure high standards in health and safety (fire protection, access control, surveillance)
• Develop and manage a comprehensive maintenance programme of the school’s buildings, outdoor facilities, and associated assets and equipment
• Ensure the school facilities fully comply with applicable regulations, as well as with environmental, health and security standards
• Maintain up-to-date processes and documentation on the buildings and technical installations
• Carry out risk analysis and ensure regular quality checks
• Define, coordinate and lead partnerships with external providers associated with site maintenance, security, waste management, gardening services and cleaning services
• Manage procurement process incl. tenders, contract negotiations, maintenance contracts
• Plan and optimise space allocation, as well as furniture management
• Perform regular cost analysis, review energy and utilities consumption to optimise costs
• Manage large capital projects; oversee building projects, renovations or refurbishments
• Lead and develop a multidisciplinary team: three facility technicians and four traffic supervisors
• Establish and maintain strong relationships with our staff, parents, and students to ensure high customer service
- Diplôme Fédéral de dirigeant en facility management et maintenance or equivalent education
- Five years experience in facility management with a minimum of 2 years in a leadership position
- Technical know-how in heating, ventilation, air conditioning, plumbing, electrical, and understanding of building and locking technology is an advantage
- Fluency in both English (C1 minimum) and French is required
- Excellent analytical, planning and organisational skills, incl. project management
- Strategic thinking, creative problem-solving skills, combined with a very hands-on approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong customer service orientation
- Ability to interact and foster positive working relationships in a culturally diverse environment; an experience in an international environment is an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Excel
- High standards of integrity and reliability
- Self-motivated and keen to work in a school environment
What we offer
- A modern and spacious campus (click here to take a look)
- A truly international and dynamic work environment
- Competitive benefits (25+ days of holidays, flexible working, insurance benefits,…)
- Employee development opportunities
- A choice of fresh and healthy menus from our cafeteria
- Free well-being and sport activities, and language courses
Are you interested?
To apply please send your cover letter, your CV, as well as a scanned copy of your diplomas and work certificates (if available) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that incomplete applications will not be processed.
Due to work permit limitations, preference will be given to candidates having a Swiss/ EU citizenship or holding a Swiss work permit.
We care for children
The International School of Lausanne is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all of its staff to share this commitment. A background check, including criminal records check and/ or police clearance, will be conducted on all successful applicants.
We value diversity
At ISL, all members of our community contribute to creating an environment where diversity is valued. Each individual is committed to ensuring everyone has a strong sense of belonging and feels respected.