The International School of Lausanne (ISL) is a leading non-profit, English language, International Baccalaureate (IB) World School set in the French speaking part of Switzerland. Our school is committed to excellence in education. We strive to recognise the unique potential of each student, and to equip them to play an active and responsible role in a complex, multicultural world. The school employs approximately 250 members of staff on its campus where we welcome approximately 950 students from over 60 nationalities, from 3 to 18 years of age.
To further strengthen our Human Resources team, we are seeking a self-motivated and well-organised
HR Officer 80%
Working in a team of 3 people, you actively support the HR day-to-day operations, undertaking a wide range of HR administrative duties related to a population of approx. 100 Auxiliary staff (language tutors, private music teachers, cover teachers, after-school activities leaders, etc.).
- Prepare and issue employment agreements, amendments, and various employee correspondence
- Maintain and update employee records (personnel files and database)
- Ensure all employment requirements are met (work permit requests and renewals, criminal records, etc.)
- Support the recruitment process by posting job ads, organising resumes and job applications, liaising with applicants
- Be the first point of contact for the assigned population: provide advice to employees in relation to their employment, and respond to HR related inquiries or requests
- Manage and follow-up child allowances and maternity leaves
- Assist payroll team by preparing monthly data related to hirings, departures, and amendments
- Manage timesheets and leave of absence forms; lead the implementation of a new on-line time management system
- Assist in various administrative tasks and ad-hoc HR projects.
- A proven HR administrative experience of min 3-5 years within an international environment
- Diploma of Certificat d’assistant(e) en gestion du personnel is a strong asset
- Fluency in both English (C1 minimum) and French is required
- Knowledge of Swiss labour law and social security system is a strong asset
- Experience in HRIS and/or data reporting and analysis is an asset
- Self-motivated and accountable, displaying a can-do attitude and the ability to proactively propose solutions when facing issues
- Strong customer service mindset; ability to adapt to different situations or circumstances, and build partnerships at all levels of the organisation
- Well-organised, reliable, pragmatic, and action-oriented
- Team player with excellent communication skills combined with ability to work independently
- Ability to interact and foster positive working relationships in a culturally diverse environment
- Demonstrate self-awareness and a will to grow professionally
- Swiss/EU citizenship or Swiss work permit holder.
ISL is an equal opportunity employer. To apply, please submit the following documents to email@example.com:
- a cover letter
- a résumé/CV
- copies of diplomas, work certificate and reference letters (if any)
- copy of work permit (if applicable)
We care for children
The International School of Lausanne is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all its staff to share this commitment. All new employees are required to undertake a security clearance, which includes providing criminal records reports as well as a special excerpt from the Swiss criminal records for people working with children.