The International School of Lausanne (ISL) is a leading not-for-profit, English language, International Baccalaureate (IB) World School set in the French speaking part of Switzerland. Our school is committed to excellence in education. We strive to recognise the unique potential of each student, and to equip them to play an active and responsible role in a complex, multicultural world. The school employs approximately 250 members of staff on its campus where we welcome approximately 950 students from over 60 nationalities, from 3 to 18 years of age.
For our After-School Activities Programme, we are seeking to employ a process and detail oriented
Instrumental and Vocal Music Programme Coordinator 20%
Permanent position from 1 August 2023
The role of the Coordinator is to facilitate the smooth running of the school wide Instrumental and Vocal Music Programme (IVMP). The Coordinator is responsible for providing direction and support to private instrumental teachers, setting up and facilitating the parent registration process, overall administration for the programme. In this role, the Coordinator must also promote the teachers’ work and events throughout the year whilst overseeing and guiding the performance elements of the IVMP and After-School Activities programmes.
- Communicate with private instrumental teachers on schedules and expectations
- Set up and implement the registration process for parents
- Manage and update database for billing/payroll purpose; liaise with Finance and Payroll teams
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the instrumental team
- Ensure staff compliance with ISL guidelines and policies
- Handle all communication/ promotion of the programme throughout the school
- Responsible for recruitment of private instrumental music teachers
- Champion the Performing Arts throughout the school and work with stakeholders to provide clear direction and guidance on performances for the coming year
Qualifications and qualities desired:
- A recognised ability in a music field
- Experience in organising large music programmes is a strong asset
- An understanding of the ISL database (Axion) is a benefit
- Strong ability with Excel and pivot tables (for billing/payroll purpose)
- Ability to lead a team and motivate teachers towards a common goal
- Problem solving mindset and solutions orientated
- Strong interpersonal skills and intercultural awareness
- Adaptability, flexibility, dynamism and a sense of humour
- Excellent verbal communication skills in English with very good listening skills; French is an asset
What we offer:
- A truly international and dynamic work environment
- Free well-being and sport activities and language courses
- Fresh and healthy menus from our cafeteria at a reasonable price
- Social events organised on a regular basis with ISL staff
Are you interested?
To apply, please submit the following documents by clicking here (please note that incomplete applications will not be processed):
- a cover letter
- a resume/ CV (if not an internal candidate)
Closing date: 17 march 2023
Why join ISL?
Our school is a unique place. We are an organisation of a size where your work will have a direct impact on our community. We provide a multicultural environment where diversity is valued and in which every opinion counts. We are highly reflective on our practices and impact and dedicated to the well-being of our staff and students.
Our staff members form a committed, hard-working, and passionate community. In return, we offer a rewarding, collaborative, and trusting work environment, an approachable leadership team, and a modern and spacious campus located at a stone’s throw from the centre of Lausanne.
We care for children
The International School of Lausanne is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of its staff to share this commitment. A background check, including criminal records check and/ or police clearance, will be conducted on all successful applicants.
We value diversity
At ISL, all members of our community contribute to creating an environment where diversity is valued. Each individual is committed to ensuring everyone has a strong sense of belonging and feels respected.