Lausanne is an ideally located city, offering a large variety of activities and fun. Family activities include outdoor excursions, cultural museum visits, sightseeing boat tours and many more. We at ISL hope you and your families are able to explore the beauties of the city and surrounding areas.
There are endless amounts of activities we suggest to families in Lausanne, but here is a list of some of the activities we recommend, for new families exploring the city as well as for the rest of the ISL community.
Are you looking for an indoor activity? Take a look at the list of museums, and indoor activities we recommend for you and your children:
- Fondation de l’Hermitage: A beautiful museum in an elegant lakeside house staging temporary art exhibitions. Additionally, L’Hermitage has a wonderful park, a great restaurant and event space.
- Musée Olympique: A great place to spend the afternoon exploring the various sports related exhibitions and the perfect museum for children to try the olympic sport they have always dreamt of trying.
- Zoo and Tropiquarium de Servion: The place to discover fascinating tropical animals.
- Aquatis: Recently opened aquarium in Lausanne. A place to go on an exceptional journey through the most fascinating freshwater environments of our planet.
- Le Cube: A fun climbing wall in Le Mont sur Lausanne with a surface of 1500m2 and a nice bar to enjoy artisanal beers.
Is the weather beautiful and are you looking to take your family outside for the day? We suggest the following activities:
- Auberge du Chalet des Enfants: The perfect area to go for a nice walk in the countryside with your family. After the walk, Chalet des Enfants is a beautifully located and one of Lausanne’s top gourmet addresses for a nice lunch or dinner. Coco Chanel used to be a regular guest there!
- Jura Region Col du Mollendruz: The jura region offers beautiful walks in Swiss nature. Hikes through forests, along crests and with gorgeous view overlooking Lake Geneva and the alps.
- Lavaux Region: Enjoy a nice walk through the vineyards, bring along a picnic or stop in one of the villages for a nice lunch with fantastic wines.
Lausanne is a place that offers good quality food and nice wines. We recommend you try the following:
- Brunch at Pointu: Best brunch spot in La Suisse Romande. Enjoy perfect pancakes, avocado toasts and much more!
- Dinner at Brasserie de Montbenon:Trendy restaurant with a large terrasse. Menu filled with delicious dishes celebrating regional culinary tradition.
- Cheese Fondue at Vieil Ouchy: Looking for traditional Swiss food in a nice and cozy family owned restaurant, try Vieil in Ouchy for a great Swiss Experience.
The number of events, restaurants, and activities in Lausanne keeps increasing. In order to to stay informed and up to date with the best activities in the city, we recommend you to take a look at the “The Lausanne Guide Blog” and the Lausanne Tourisme website and Facebook page.