Diploma Programme 15-18 year olds
The International School of Lausanne offers an intellectually rigorous academic programme certified by the International Baccalaureate (IB). ISL grows the skills, ideas, talents, and capacities students will need to face the challenges and opportunities of the 21st century. Our outstanding exam results reflect our professionalism–and many of our students go on to study in the world’s most respected universities.
ISL offers a fully-recognised US High School Diploma in addition to the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma. ISL is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
The IB Diploma and the ISL High School Diploma are two separate qualifications. However, students who complete the IB Diploma also gain the ISL High School Diploma.
Make sure to click here to find out more about the High School Diploma offered at ISL.
“The IB curriculum is what attracted Martina to ISL. The close community between teachers and students is what she most appreciated about the school.”Martina, Italian, Class of 2021
The Diploma Programme
The DP core consists of:
- Theory of knowledge (TOK), a course on developing analytical skills and critical thinking
- The extended essay (EE), an academic research project in a subject chosen by the student
- Creativity, activity, service (CAS), relating directly to the idea of engagement, self-discovery, and service
The six subject groups are:
- Studies in language and literature
- Language acquisition
- Individuals and societies
- The arts
Example of a Year 12 weekly schedule
IB Diploma Coordinator
Do you want to learn more about the International Baccalaureate (IB)?