Diploma Programme 15-18 year olds
The International School of Lausanne offers an intellectually rigorous academic programme certified by the International Baccalaureate (IB). ISL grows the skills, ideas, talents, and capacities students will need to face the challenges and opportunities of the 21st century. Our outstanding exam results reflect our professionalism–and many of our students go on to study in the world’s most respected universities.
ISL offers a fully-recognised US High School Diploma in addition to the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma. ISL is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
The IB Diploma and the ISL High School Diploma are two separate qualifications. However, students who complete the IB Diploma also gain the ISL High School Diploma.
“As a student, the teachers are very supportive and help you in any way a student might want. This might include some during class time or even extra time outside of class. ”Apostolos, 18 years old, Greek
The Diploma Programme
The DP core consists of:
- Theory of knowledge (TOK), a course on developing analytical skills and critical thinking
- The extended essay (EE), an academic research project in a subject chosen by the student
- Creativity, activity, service (CAS), relating directly to the idea of engagement, self-discovery, and service
The six subject groups are:
- Studies in language and literature
- Language acquisition
- Individuals and societies
- The arts
Secondary School Principal
Assistant Principal – IB Diploma Programme Coordinator
Do you want to learn more about the International Baccalaureate (IB)?