Find out more about our five values and how we incorporate them in our daily behaviour at ISL.
At ISL, we believe in gaining trust from others through integrity, authenticity, and ethical actions.
- We act with honesty and integrity.
- We are open-minded and truthful in our approach.
- We model expected behaviour and approaches.
- We show consistency, follow through, and admit mistakes.
- We collaborate to support the school’s best interest.
At ISL, we believe in treating people with respect and acting with diplomacy and tact.
- We advocate for respect and the upholding of human dignity.
- We respect the privacy of others and the confidentiality of information.
- We use discretion and professional judgement in our language and tone.
- We engage in interactions that are free from over-familiarity, and sexual and physical innuendo.
- We engage in interactions that are free from any inappropriate jokes or comments based on identity, including, but not limited to nationality, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, religion, etc.
- We engage in interactions that are free from harassment or discrimination.
- We are punctual.
- We respect our premises and facilities.
At ISL, we believe in regulating reactions and emotions and having a balanced approach in our interactions.
- We believe that self-regulation at school supports our collective well-being, health, and safety.
- We ensure our personal and general presentation is clean, tidy, and appropriate.
- We are approachable.
- We understand that speaking about others without their consent may be damaging.
At ISL, we believe in treating people equally regardless of differences.
- We are committed to equality, inclusion, and accommodating diversity of identity, including but not limited to gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, physical ability, ethnicity, nationality, status, etc.
- We support equal opportunity and fair treatment.
- We seek to understand different perspectives and cultures to avoid bias.
- We value and engage with the diversity of backgrounds that exist in our community.
Care and Concern for Others
At ISL, we believe in positive relationships through showing kindness, understanding, empathy, and behaving in a constructive manner.
- We value collaboration.
- We maintain the highest quality of positive relationships.
- We continuously motivate, inspire, and celebrate important success.
- We use a tone and manner that is professional, fair, and courteous.
- We seek to understand and assume the positive intent of others.
- We create space for others to voice their opinions.