Tips and advice for a balanced family life
ISL’s number one priority is the well-being of our community.
The well-being of our students and community members remains our main priority.
This page is firstly dedicated to your well-being. The school counsellors have shared several resources for you and your families. Additionally, suggested family activities are available below, including fitness, craft, local, learning and many more. These recommendations are updated on a weekly basis.
Well-Being advice from our counselors
Our counsellors are available to provide support for the welfare of members of the community through the various Remote Learning platforms.
The well-being page gives you access the counsellors updates, as well as articles discussing stress and anxiety management, and resources for your children’s well-being.
Caring for others
- Call your friends, colleagues and relatives regularly on the phone and see how they are.
- Create WhatsApp groups with neighbours, family or friends. Share how you are getting on and ask other people how they are.
- Use Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date and keep in touch.
Activities at home with children
Companies and individuals are providing free access to lessons, activities, and ideas for children staying at home. Here are two collections of such resources that may make it easier to find everything in one place.
- Start a garden – enjoy this time to make your own beautiful garden, lots of tips are shared here.
- Virtual Dives – An immersive 360 view of your national marine sanctuaries.
- Nike Training Club – Download the free App, enjoy a good workout, includes family workouts too.
- Google Arts & Culture – With Google Arts & Culture you can visit top exhibits, and zoom in on artworks in mind-blowing detail.
Find our previous links and resources here.
Local activities and resources
The list below provides some local resources, local activities to complete at home with your kids as well as ideas on how to support our local community.
- Local Artists – Discover videos about local Lausanne artists, in French.
- The Fork – Create your own restaurant at home by ordering food from local restaurants in the Lausanne area.
- The Lausanne Guide – A detailed post and list of local resources including cultural and educational activities, home entertainment tips, fitness and health activities, local home delivery options and online shopping advice.
All local activities and resources can be found here.