The International School of Lausanne (ISL) is a leading not-for-profit, English language, International Baccalaureate (IB) World School set in the French speaking part of Switzerland. Our school is committed to excellence in education. We strive to recognise the unique potential of each student, and to equip them to play an active and responsible role in a complex, multicultural world. The school employs approximately 250 members of staff on its campus where we welcome approximately 950 students from over 60 nationalities, from 3 to 18 years of age.
For our After-School Activities programme, we are seeking to appoint an experienced, passionate, and self-motivated
Head Tennis Coach
Permanent position from 1 August 2023
The role of the Head Tennis Coach is to facilitate the smooth running of the After-School Activities Recreational Tennis programme. The Head Tennis Coach is responsible for providing direction and support to tennis coaches, setting up and facilitating sessions, and overall logistical support for the programme.
- Plan a coherent program with natural progression each week based on the skill level of the students after the initial evaluation
- Communicate objectives and set-up to all coaches in advance of each season
- Work with the Head of Activities and Sports on the coaching staff’s recruitment and appraisal of performance
- Coach tennis sessions approximately 10 hours each week during the autumn and spring seasons (including weekend catch-up sessions due to weather cancellations)
- Take and maintain accurate daily attendance records
- Ensure a safe environment for students to train in, including, but not limited to, equipment setup, space preparation, student warm up and student management
- Recognised Tennis Coaching Qualification
- Certified J+S qualification desirable
- Proficiency in English (B2/C1 minimum); the ability to also speak French is a strong asset
- Experienced in teaching or coaching students aged 6-14 years
- Ability to plan, deliver and evaluate sessions which stimulate and motivate students
- Strong interpersonal skills and intercultural awareness
- Adaptability, flexibility, dynamism, and a sense of humour
Are you interested?
To apply please submit the following documents on JobUp:
- cover letter
- résumé/ CV
- copies of diplomas
- copies of work certificates / reference letters (if any)
- copy of work permit (if applicable)
Due to work permit limitations, preference will be given to candidates having a Swiss / EU citizenship or holding a Swiss work permit.
Closing date: Thursday 25 May
Why join ISL?
Our school is a unique place. We are an organisation of a size where your work will have a direct impact on our community. We provide a multicultural environment where diversity is valued and in which every opinion counts. We are highly reflective on our practices and impact and dedicated to the well-being of our staff and students.
Our staff members form a committed, hard-working, and passionate community. In return, we offer a rewarding, collaborative, and trusting work environment, an approachable leadership team, and a modern and spacious campus located at a stone’s throw from the centre of Lausanne.
We care for children
The International School of Lausanne is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of its staff to share this commitment. A background check, including criminal records check and/ or police clearance, will be conducted on all successful applicants.
We value diversity
At ISL, all members of our community contribute to creating an environment where diversity is valued. Each individual is committed to ensuring everyone has a strong sense of belonging and feels respected.