The International School of Lausanne (ISL) is a leading non-profit, International Baccalaureate (IB) World School set in the French speaking part of Switzerland. Our school is committed to excellence in education. We strive to recognise the unique potential of each student, and to equip them to play an active and responsible role in a complex, multicultural world. The school employs approximately 250 members of staff on its campus where we welcome approximately 950 students from over 60 nationalities, from 3 to 18 years of age.responsible role in a complex, multicultural world. The school employs approximately 250 members of staff on its campus where we welcome approximately 950 students from over 60 nationalities, from 3 to 18 years of age.
For our After-School Activities Programme, we are seeking to employ a dynamic and qualified
Boys VOLLEYBALLL Coach
From September 2022
Contact time will be over two sporting seasons; Autumn and Winter Season. Training sessions are between 1h15 and 1h30, twice a week.
- Boys Volleyball – CAT A-D (Tuesday 16:45 to 18:15 and Thursday 06:45 to 08:00)
The Volleyball Coach will be responsible for designing and implementing all training sessions including a season beginning squad selection and match day team selections in line with the ISL values. Sessions are expected to be conducted to the highest possible standards with developmentally appropriate rigour and physicality. The team competes locally and international throughout the Autumn and Winter season and it is expected that the coach is available to coach during these tournaments.
- A recognised qualification in Volleyball coaching
- Experienced in teaching students aged 14-17 years
- An understanding of comprehensive based coaching strategies is preferable
- Ability to plan, deliver and evaluate sessions which stimulate and motivate students
- Strong interpersonal skills and intercultural awareness
- Adaptability, flexibility, dynamism and a sense of humour
- Excellent verbal communication skills in English with very good listening skills; any other language is an asset
To apply, please submit the following documents by clicking here (please note that incomplete applications will not be processed):
- a cover letter
- a resume/ CV
- copies of diplomas
- copies work certificates/ reference letters (if any)
- copy of work permit (if applicable)
Due to work permit limitations, preference will be given to candidates having a Swiss/ EU citizenship or holding a Swiss work permit.
We care for children
The International School of Lausanne is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all of its staff to share this commitment. A background check, including criminal records check and/ or police clearance, will be conducted on all successful applicants.
We value diversity
At ISL, all members of our community contribute to creating an environment where diversity is valued. Each individual is committed to ensuring everyone has a strong sense of belonging and feels respected.