The International School of Lausanne (ISL) is a leading non-profit, International Baccalaureate (IB) World School set in the French speaking part of Switzerland. Our school is committed to excellence in education. We strive to recognise the unique potential of each student, and to equip them to play an active and responsible role in a complex, multicultural world. The school employs approximately 250 members of staff on its campus where we welcome approximately 950 students from over 60 nationalities, from 3 to 18 years of age.
For our Private Instrumental Music Programme, we are seeking to employ a dynamic and qualified
Private Instrumental Music Teacher – Cello
From 5 September 2022
Within the frame of the Instrumental and Vocal Music Programme, the successful candidate will provide weekly/bi-weekly Cello lessons.
- Specialisation in the performance of their instrument and its pedagogy
- Music degree and teaching experience within a school or conservatory
- Experienced in teaching students aged 5-11 years
- Ability to build a holistic and interactive curriculum, deliver and evaluate sessions which stimulate and motivate students
- Strong interpersonal skills and intercultural awareness
- Excellent verbal communication skills in English with very good listening skills; any other language is an asset
- Adaptability, flexibility, dynamism and a sense of humour
To apply, please submit the following documents by clicking here (please note that incomplete applications will not be processed):
- a cover letter
- a resume/ CV
- copies of diplomas
- copies work certificates/ reference letters (if any)
- copy of work permit (if applicable)
Due to work permit limitations, preference will be given to candidates having a Swiss/ EU citizenship or holding a Swiss work permit.
We care for children
The International School of Lausanne is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all of its staff to share this commitment. A background check, including criminal records check and/ or police clearance, will be conducted on all successful applicants.
We value diversity
At ISL, all members of our community contribute to creating an environment where diversity is valued. Each individual is committed to ensuring everyone has a strong sense of belonging and feels respected.