The International School of Lausanne (ISL) is a leading non-profit, International Baccalaureate (IB) World School set in the French speaking part of Switzerland. Our school is committed to excellence in education. We strive to recognise the unique potential of each student, and to equip them to play an active and responsible role in a complex, multicultural world. The school employs approximately 250 members of staff on its campus where we welcome approximately 950 students from over 60 nationalities, from 3 to 18 years of age.approximately 250 members of staff on its campus where we welcome approximately 950 students from over 60 nationalities, from 3 to 18 years of age.responsible role in a complex, multicultural world. The school employs approximately 250 members of staff on its campus where we welcome approximately 950 students from over 60 nationalities, from 3 to 18 years of age.
For our After-School Activities Programme, we are seeking to employ a dynamic and qualified
From September 2022
The following activities are currently scheduled for 1 hour from 15h45/16h00 to 16h45/17h00, 2-3 times per week (days to be defined):
- Lego Robotics (7-9 years old)
- Lego Mindstorm Robotics (11-13 years old)
- Lego WeDo Robotics (6-7 years old)
- Introduction to After-School Activities : Construction & Robotics (4-5 years old)
- Code Club – Beginners (11-17 years old)
There are between 10-14 students in each class. The resources include Lego WeDo 2 sets and other app enabled robots. For the older year group it is based around Lego Mindstorms EV3. Please be aware that the activities do not run continuously all year but in blocks for around 10 weeks.
- Experienced with the above mentioned Lego based robotics kits is preferable
- A recognized qualification within teaching is preferable
- Experienced in teaching students aged 4-13 years
- Ability to plan, deliver and evaluate sessions which stimulate and motivate students
- Strong interpersonal skills and intercultural awareness
- Adaptability, flexibility, dynamism and a sense of humour
- Excellent verbal communication skills in English with very good listening skills; any other language is an asset
To apply, please submit the following documents by clicking here (please note that incomplete applications will not be processed):
- a cover letter
- a resume/ CV
- copies of diplomas
- copies work certificates/ reference letters (if any)
- copy of work permit (if applicable)
Due to work permit limitations, preference will be given to candidates having a Swiss/ EU citizenship or holding a Swiss work permit.
We care for children
The International School of Lausanne is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all of its staff to share this commitment. A background check, including criminal records check and/ or police clearance, will be conducted on all successful applicants.
We value diversity
At ISL, all members of our community contribute to creating an environment where diversity is valued. Each individual is committed to ensuring everyone has a strong sense of belonging and feels respected.