The International School of Lausanne (ISL) is a leading not-for-profit International Baccalaureate (IB) World School. Our school is committed to excellence in education. We strive to recognise the unique potential of each student, and to equip them to play an active and responsible role in a complex, multicultural world. The school employs approximately 250 staff members on its campus where we welcome approximately 900 students from over 60 nationalities, from 3 to 18 years of age.
We are seeking an experienced, passionate, and self-motivated
School Nurse at 70%
Permanent position from 1 August 2022 with 65 days of school holidays
You will be part of a team of two people, providing high standards of nursing care on our school campus.
- Administer first aid to students; respond professionally to medical emergencies
- Establish, maintain, evaluate, and interpret students’ health data and records
- Play an active role in the surveillance and prevention of communicable diseases
- Support and promote the overall health and safety of our school community
- Inform teachers and other school staff appropriately on special health needs of students
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with outside medical professionals and services
- Manage infirmary stock
Your weekly schedule will be spread over five working days, and you will benefit from 65 days of annual leave to be taken during school holidays.
- Diploma of higher education in Nursing Studies or Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- An experience as school nurse and/or public health nurse is an asset
- A paediatric background with an understanding of children with a range of complex medical needs is a strong asset
- Discrete, reliable, trustworthy with ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact positively with students, parents and school staff
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and be flexible with changing priorities
- Ability to interact and foster positive working relationships in a culturally diverse environment
- Accountable, displaying a can-do attitude and the ability to proactively propose solutions when facing issues
- Commitment to self-reflection and professional development
- Excellent ICT skills and a knowledge of their effective use to support the nursing activities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French (C1 minimum) and English (C1 minimum) with very good listening skills
Why join ISL?
Our school is a unique place. We are an organisation of a size where your work will have a direct impact on our community. We provide a multicultural environment where diversity is valued and in which every opinion counts. We are highly reflective on our practices and impact, and dedicated to the well-being of our staff and students.
Our staff members form a committed, hard-working, and passionate community. In return, we offer a rewarding, collaborative, and trusting work environment, an approachable leadership team, and a modern and spacious campus located at a stone’s throw from the centre of Lausanne.
We care for children
The International School of Lausanne is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all of its staff to share this commitment. A background check, including criminal records check and/ or police clearance, will be conducted on all successful applicants.
We value diversity
At ISL, all members of our community contribute to creating an environment where diversity is valued. Each individual is committed to ensuring everyone has a strong sense of belonging and feels respected.
Due to work permit limitations, preference will be given to candidates having a Swiss/ EU citizenship or holding a Swiss work permit.
To apply, please submit the following documents by clicking here (please note that incomplete applications will not be processed):
- a cover letter
- a resume/ CV
- copies of diplomas
- copies work certificates/ reference letters (if any)
- copy of work permit (if applicable)