The International School of Lausanne (ISL) is a leading not-for-profit International Baccalaureate (IB) World School. Our school is committed to excellence in education. We strive to recognise the unique potential of each student, and to equip them to play an active and responsible role in a complex, multicultural world. The school employs approximately 250 staff members on its campus where we welcome approximately 900 students from over 60 nationalities, from 3 to 18 years of age.
For our ISL Camps Programmes, we are seeking to hire several passionate, self-motivated, and experienced
Summer Camp Minis Leader
Temporary positions from 26 June to 18 August 2023
The ISL Holiday Camps are dedicated to delivering safe, fun, and stimulating holiday experiences in the outdoors for children aged 3 to 18 years old. Through our carefully designed programmes, children will gain confidence, learn new skills, and build upon their future potential. Staff will work from Monday to Friday, from approx. 08:30 to 17:00.
- Jointly design and lead high quality multi-activity and outdoor nature programmes
- Organise and deliver fun, dynamic and rewarding activities in an interactive, professional and fun way
- Ensure that all health, safety and security measures are met to guarantee the safety of children at all times
- Ensure student participation and attendance in all activities.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with participants
- Respond to emergency situations as needed
- Interact with all students and parents in a professional, enthusiastic and service-orientated manner
- Ensure that all activities on/off site run smoothly
- Attend and take an active role in “Arrivals Day” and “Final Awards”
- Contribute, interact and on occasion lead staff meetings
- Manage a group of Instructors and Senior Instructors
- Give regular feedback and guidance to team
- Appraise staff regularly and motivate the team to best performance
- Genuine passion and experience working with children
- Ability to interact and animate programmes for child from 3 to 5 years old
- Child oriented, with positive and lively personality
- A valid First Aid qualification is an asset
- Accountable, displaying a can-do attitude and the ability to proactively propose solutions when facing issues
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and be flexible with changing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact positively with children, parents, and school staff in a culturally diverse environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; fluency in both French and English (C1 minimum) with very good listening skills
- Team player with ability to work independently
- Adaptability, flexibility, dynamism, and a sense of humour
Are you interested?
To apply, please submit the following documents on Jobup:
- CV/ résumé
- statement of educational philosophy
- copies of diplomas
- copies of work certificates/ reference letters (if any)
Due to work permit limitations, preference will be given to candidates having a Swiss / EU citizenship or holding a Swiss work permit.
Why join ISL?
Our school is a unique place. We are an organisation of a size where your work will have a direct impact on our community. We provide a multicultural environment where diversity is valued and in which every opinion counts. We are highly reflective on our practices and impact and dedicated to the well-being of our staff and students.
Our staff members form a committed, hard-working, and passionate community. In return, we offer a rewarding, collaborative, and trusting work environment, an approachable leadership team, and a modern and spacious campus located at a stone’s throw from the centre of Lausanne.
We care for children
The International School of Lausanne is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of its staff to share this commitment. A background check, including criminal records check and/ or police clearance, will be conducted on all successful applicants.
We value diversity
At ISL, all members of our community contribute to creating an environment where diversity is valued. Each individual is committed to ensuring everyone has a strong sense of belonging and feels respected.