The International School of Lausanne (ISL) is a leading not-for-profit International Baccalaureate (IB) World School. Our school is committed to excellence in education. We strive to recognise the unique potential of each student, and to equip them to play an active and responsible role in a complex, multicultural world. The school employs approximately 250 staff members on its campus where we welcome approximately 900 students from over 60 nationalities, from 3 to 18 years of age.
For our Primary School, we are seeking to appoint an experienced, passionate, and self-motivated
Swimming Teacher – Primary School
Temporary position from 1 August 2023 to 31 July 2024
This is an auxiliary staff position. This position is paid on an hourly based salary (CHF 70.00/hour). The average number of hours for this position fluctuates between 5 to 10 hours per week depending on the time of the year.
Qualifications and Qualities desired
- Ability to teach swimming across the 3–11 years-old age range
- A recognised swimming teacher qualification
- A current first aid and lifeguard qualification, or the ability to acquire one before contract begins
- Ideally three years of experience teaching swimming to school-age children.
- Proficiency in English (B2/C1 minimum); the ability to also speak French is an asset
- Ability to plan, deliver and evaluate lessons which stimulate and motivate students to learn
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Understanding of and sensitivity to various cultures
- Adaptability, flexibility, dynamism, and a sense of humour
Are you interested?
To apply please submit the following documents on JobUp:
- cover letter
- résumé/ CV
- copies of diplomas
- copies of work certificates / reference letters (if any)
- copy of work permit (if applicable)
Due to work permit limitations, preference will be given to candidates having a Swiss / EU citizenship or holding a Swiss work permit.
Closing date: Saturday 20 May
We care for children
The International School of Lausanne is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of its staff to share this commitment. A background check, including criminal records check and/ or police clearance, will be conducted on all successful applicants.
We value diversity
At ISL, all members of our community contribute to creating an environment where diversity is valued. Each individual is committed to ensuring everyone has a strong sense of belonging and feels respected.