The International School of Lausanne (ISL) is a leading non-profit, International Baccalaureate (IB) World School set in the French-speaking part of Switzerland. Our school is committed to excellence in education. We strive to recognise the unique potential of each student, and to equip them to play an active and responsible role in a complex, multicultural world. The school employs approximately 250 members of staff on its campus where we welcome approximately 900 students from over 60 nationalities, from 3 to 18 years of age.
Teacher of IB MYP Science and IB Diploma Biology at 70%
Temporary position (cover for medical leave) with immediate start
This position is in the science department of the Secondary School. It is to cover a medical leave for a currently unknown duration. All teachers at ISL are homeroom teachers, contribute to the school’s service learning programme and undertake one or two weekly supervision duties. Staff also attend two five-day residential field trips each academic year, one in September and one in January. Part-time teachers are expected to contribute to these programmes in line with their work percentage.
Qualifications and Qualities desired
- A recognised teaching qualification (graduate or postgraduate level)
- The ability to teach IB MYP science and IB Diploma Biology
- High proficiency in English. Knowledge of French is an advantage
- The ability to plan, deliver and evaluate lessons that stimulate and motivate students to learn
- Knowledge of the International Baccalaureate (IB) programmes
- An understanding of and sensitivity to cultural variance; a work experience in an international environment is a strong asset
- Adaptability, flexibility, dynamism and a sense of humour
- The ability to meet high expectations of students, colleagues and a professional parent community
- Excellent ICT skills and knowledge of their effective use to support pedagogy
- A commitment to self-reflection and professional development
To apply, please submit the following documents on Job Up:
- cover letter
- CV/ résumé
- statement of educational philosophy
- copies of diplomas
- copies of work certificates/ reference letters (if any)
- copy of work permit (if applicable)
Due to work permit limitations, preference will be given to candidates having a Swiss/EU citizenship or holding a Swiss work permit.
Closing date: Friday 9 December
Why join ISL
Our school is a unique place. We are an organisation of a size where your work will have a direct impact on our community. We provide a multicultural environment where diversity is valued and in which every opinion counts. We are highly reflective on our practices and impact, and dedicated to the well-being of our staff and students.
Our staff members form a committed, hard-working, and passionate community. In return, we offer a rewarding, collaborative, and trusting work environment, an approachable leadership team, and a modern and spacious campus located at a stone’s throw from the centre of Lausanne.
We care for children
The International School of Lausanne is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all of its staff to share this commitment. A background check, including criminal records check and/ or police clearance, will be conducted on all successful applicants.
We value diversity
At ISL, all members of our community contribute to creating an environment where diversity is valued. Each individual is committed to ensuring everyone has a strong sense of belonging and feels respected.