The International School of Lausanne (ISL) is a leading not-for-profit International Baccalaureate (IB) World School. Our school is committed to excellence in education. We strive to recognise the unique potential of each student, and to equip them to play an active and responsible role in a complex, multicultural world. The school employs approximately 250 staff members on its campus where we welcome approximately 900 students from over 60 nationalities, from 3 to 18 years of age.
Teacher of Learning Support at 100%
Temporary position (cover for birth leave) from approximately April 2023 to April 2024. This position is in the student support services department of the Primary School.
- The planning, delivery and evaluation of learning support lessons which stimulate and motivate students to fulfil their academic potential
- Collaborative teaching within the middle school
- Meetings with parents and students to share progress
- Supporting classroom teachers to meet the needs of all students
- Advocating for students
- Interpreting and communicating the contents of psychological and academic testing
- Creation and accurate maintenance of Individual Educational Plans (IEP)
Qualifications and Qualities desired
- A recognised teaching qualification (graduate or postgraduate level)
- High proficiency in English. Knowledge of French is an advantage
- The ability to plan, deliver and evaluate lessons that stimulate and motivate students to learn
- Knowledge of the International Baccalaureate (IB) programmes
- An understanding of and sensitivity to cultural variance; a work experience in an international environment is a strong asset
- Adaptability, flexibility, dynamism, and a sense of humour
- The ability to meet high expectations of students, colleagues, and a professional parent community
- Excellent ICT skills and knowledge of their effective use to support pedagogy
- A commitment to self-reflection and professional development
ISL is committed to being an inclusive employer that values diversity. This is reflected in our recruitment practices and in our Code of behaviour.
To apply, please submit the following documents on Job Up:
- cover letter
- CV/ résumé
- copies of diplomas
- copies of work certificates/ reference letters (if any)
- copy of work permit (if applicable)
Due to work permit limitations, preference will be given to candidates having a Swiss/EU citizenship or holding a Swiss work permit.
Closing date: Friday 10 February
Why join ISL
Our school is a unique place. We are an organisation of a size where your work will have a direct impact on our community. We provide a multicultural environment where diversity is valued and in which every opinion counts. We are highly reflective on our practices and impact and dedicated to the well-being of our staff and students.
Our staff members form a committed, hard-working, and passionate community. In return, we offer a rewarding, collaborative, and trusting work environment, an approachable leadership team, and a modern and spacious campus located at a stone’s throw from the centre of Lausanne.
We care for children
The International School of Lausanne is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of its staff to share this commitment. A background check, including criminal records check and/ or police clearance, will be conducted on all successful applicants.
We value diversity
At ISL, all members of our community contribute to creating an environment where diversity is valued. Each individual is committed to ensuring everyone has a strong sense of belonging and feels respected.