Temporary contract until June 2023
The International School of Lausanne (ISL) is a leading non-profit International Baccalaureate (IB) World School. Our school is committed to excellence in education. We strive to recognise the unique potential of each student, and to equip them to play an active and responsible role in a complex, multicultural world. Our school employs approximately 250 members of staff on our campus where we welcome 900 students from over 60 nationalities, from 3 to 18 years of age.
Teacher of IB MYP French B at 16%
This position is in our Secondary School. We are seeking to employ an inspirational, dedicated and passionate individual to teach one Year 10 class of French language acquisition for four periods of 40 minutes per week. Students are 13 to 14 years old and the curriculum is the IB Middle Year Programme.
The lessons take place at the following times: Monday 08:45-09:30, Tuesday 11:15-12:35 and Thursday 14:55-15:40
Qualifications and Qualities desired
● A recognized teaching qualification (graduate or postgraduate level)
● The ability to teach IB MYP French B
● High proficiency in English (B2/C1)
● The ability to plan, deliver and evaluate lessons that stimulate and motivate students to learn
● Knowledge of the International Baccalaureate (IB) programmes
● An understanding of and sensitivity to cultural variance; a work experience in an international environment is a strong asset
● Adaptability, flexibility, dynamism and a sense of humour
● The ability to meet high expectations of students, colleagues and a professional parent community
● Excellent ICT skills and knowledge of their effective use to support pedagogy
● A commitment to self-reflection and professional development
To apply, please submit the following documents on Job Up which can be accessed through our website:
• cover letter
• CV/ résumé
• statement of educational philosophy
• copies of diplomas
• copies of work certificates/ reference letters (if any)
• copy of work permit (if applicable)
Due to work permit limitations, preference will be given to candidates having a Swiss/ EU citizenship or holding a Swiss work permit.
Closing date: Friday 4 November
Why join ISL?
Our school is a unique place. We are an organisation of a size where your work will have a direct impact on our community. We provide a multicultural environment where diversity is valued and in which every opinion counts. We are highly reflective on our practices and impact, and dedicated to the well-being of our staff and students.
Our staff members form a committed, hard-working, and passionate community. In return, we offer a rewarding, collaborative, and trusting work environment, an approachable leadership team, and a modern and spacious campus located at a stone’s throw from the centre of Lausanne.
We care for children
The International School of Lausanne is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all of its staff to share this commitment. A background check, including criminal records check and/ or police clearance, will be conducted on all successful applicants.
We value diversity
At ISL, all members of our community contribute to creating an environment where diversity is valued. Each individual is committed to ensuring everyone has a strong sense of belonging and feels respected.